File or data sharing has been relevant way of making a particular information accessible to lot of people. The advancement in technology has made it easy for computer users to share resource among themselves using different procedures. This procedures can be grouped under Wired and Wireless Sharing. Where in simple terms, wired may include the use of network cable or primarily USB Cable to share files whiles the Wireless Sharing include the use of WiFi or Bluetooth. Imagine a scenario where you want to share files between two computers but you don’t have any wired sharing materials around. This post targets the use of WiFi to share information between two or more computers. Let’s begin with the steps.
NB: You need to have the two computers connected to the same WiFi network. You can probably use a phone as “Hotspot” connection for both PC’s.
STEP1: After connecting both computers to the same network, open Control Panel from the start menu.
STEP2: Click on Network and Internet. Then you navigate to Network and Sharing Center.
STEP3: From the left navigation column, click on Change Advanced Sharing Settings. From the Change Sharing Options For Different Network Profiles window, you will see three categories (Private, Guest/Public and All Networks).
The category which has an extra extension of (Current Profile) is what we need to work on. So you click on that category whether Private Or Guest/Public.
- From the drop down menu, you configure these settings.
- Select Turn on network Discovery.
- Select Turn on file and printer sharing.
STEP4: Now you move to the All Networks category and configure these settings.
- Select Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in public folders.
- Select Use 128-bit encryption to help protect file sharing connections (Recommended)
- Select Turn off password protected sharing.
You then save the configuration by clicking on Save Changes.
NB: Repeat the above steps (STEP1-STEP4) for both computers. At this point, the connection is done. Open any folder and from the left navigation, click on Network. You will see both computers on each others network.
HOW TO SHARE THE FOLDERS AFTER CONNECTING BOTH COMPUTERS.
- So after the connection is done, you move to any folder you want to share.
- Right click on the folder you want to share and click on Properties.
- You navigate to Sharing from the top menu.
- From the empty menu in the select Everyone and click on Add.
- You then choose the Permission Level you want to give. Read means the person can only read and not make modification to it. And Read/Write means the person can make modification to it.
- Click on Done.
- Now upon clicking on that, it will take you back then you click on Advanced Sharing.
- Tick the Share Folder option and then Click on Ok to apply changes.
At this moment, you are done with connecting both computers and sharing Folders or Files. If you want to copy one folder or file from another computer, you just copy the file from the shared file or folder and paste it anywhere on your computer, then voila, you have a copy of the file or folder on your own PC.
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and tell them about https://eminentblog.com