When you view status updates from your contacts on WhatsApp, usually they get an indication that you have seen it. But sometimes, you might secretly want to check out their status without actually letting them know. Well if you’ve got that problem, worry not this post will guide you on how to successfully view the WhatsApp status of a contact without leaving trace.
HOW TO VIEW ON ORIGINAL WHATSAPP MESSENGER.
The headline will probably make people think as to whether there’s fake and original WhatsApp. Well certainly there’s only two WhatsApp applications thus Official WhatsApp Messenger and the other’s (Eg. GBWhatsApp).
So with the Official Whatsapp messenger, the method is quite simple. Follow the following steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone.
- Go to Settings >> Account >> Privacy, and turn off Read Receipts.
- Now, go to the particular contact’s status and view their updates.
- Keep Read Receipts turned off until after the particular status has expired.
So just as the steps are simple, that’s exactly how to go by it.
HOW TO VIEW IT OFFLINE. “.STATUSES”
WhatsApp sometimes pre-downloads the photos posted in a status, even before you tap on a particular status to view it. In Android, you can view these photos in the .Statuses directory of WhatsApp, using a file manager.
- Open WhatsApp and visit the Status section. This will allow WhatsApp to download some of the Status photos.
- Install a file manager app, such as ES File Explorer, on your Android smartphone.
- Turn on the option to show hidden files. In ES File Explorer, this can be done by tapping on Menu from the top left corner, and enable “Show Hidden Files” option.
- Navigate to Internal Storage >> WhatsApp >> Media >> .Statuses and copy the photos to a different location.
You can now directly open the status photos to view them using the file manager app. And since they are not accessed from within the app, the view status will remain unseen by you for the particular contact. This method, however, doesn’t support viewing text updates, for which you might want to try the next workaround.
View WhatsApp Status using GBWhatsApp app
A modded version of any app lets you achieve several extra features that aren’t available in the original one. GBWhatsApp is one such mod for WhatsApp that lets you hide status viewed activity from your contacts, among many other features that WhatsApp does not offer.
GBWhatsApp is not available in Google Play Store, but if you get the APK file from a reliable source, you can side load the app to enjoy its benefits.
- Download GBWhatsApp APK from a trusted repository, on your Android device.
- Install GBWhatsApp on your Android device by tapping on the APK file and going through the steps. After installation, you should find two different versions of WhatsApp on your device.
- Using a file manager app, go to the original WhatsApp directory on your phone’s internal storage and copy the Databases directory.
- Now, navigate to the GBWhatsApp directory on your phone’s internal storage and paste the previously copied directory.
- Launch GBWhatsApp and proceed with the usual setup steps. The app should automatically detect a backup present on your device (thanks to the recently copied Databases directory), and allow you to restore data from it.
- Once the setup is done and you’re in the Chats screen, tap on the menu button in the top right corner and select Privacy >> Hide view status.
You should now be able to view your contacts’ status updates without notifying them.
These are four different workarounds which will allow you to view the WhatsApp Status of your contacts on Android without letting them know that you did it. If you have any other workaround in mind, do let us know in the comments below.